Why Choose Us
Not just because of the higher skill level we bring to home construction from years of work on homes catastrophically damaged by storms or fire. But also because of the more professional, homeowner-oriented approach we also bring to your project. We’ll answer your call right away (or, if that’s physically impossible, we’ll get back to you in 2 hours or less). Before we do anything else, we’ll ask for your input on what you need done (and how you’d like us to do it). We’ll schedule an on-site consultation with you to discuss what needs doing, how and when. For all but the most complicated projects, we’ll have a written estimate ready for you within 2 days. This estimate will be itemized and detailed, and we’ll give you a line-by-line explanation and answer any questions you have about anything in it. Once you’re okay with the estimate, we’ll each sign a contract based on it and start work. We’ll specify a start date and finish date – and stick to both. When work starts, our crew will communicate with you every step of the way, telling you what they’re doing and why, making suggestions, and asking for your thoughts. Both of our owners will oversee the project, making doubly sure it’s on time and up to standards. And throughout the whole process, we’ll work to save you time and money – but never by taking shortcuts or cutting corners.
Here is how our pre construction process works: A call comes in from the adjustor, agent or customer.
- Answer the call whenever possible or return the call in a timely manner to discuss the particulars of the job. This discussion is with one of the owners not an administrative person. We inquire as to the type of damage, extent and status of the claim. (i.e.; Has the insurance company been out? Have they completed the estimate? Would the adjustor rather we provide the estimate? Would the homeowner like a competing estimate to the adjustors?)
- Schedule an inspection as quickly as possible. (Return calls within 2 hours and schedule inspections within 2 days)
- Meet the homeowner at the job site to discuss the scope of work. (What needs to be done and what would they like to be done.)
- Provide an estimate within 2 days for most jobs. Extremely large or complicated jobs that require research for expensive or special order material prices may take longer.
- Work with the insurance company to get an agreed upon estimate that properly covers the work necessary to restore the home to pre-loss conditions.
- Once the estimate is approved by the insurance company we create another estimate with any changes or additions requested by the homeowner that includes specific selections for items used during construction.
- Sign a contract based on this estimate to begin work.
- Work is scheduled and the actual rebuilding process begins.
Here is a recently renovate kitchen to we did for a client.